Friday, May 2, 2008

Professor's punting - $50 for the Sydney Cup and $50 for Sports...

A nice easy combined post for my $100 for the weekend. Not a weekend of Sport that I am too fussed on betting on. The League markets don't give me any value to get excited about, nor do the AFL markets.

What to do??
Well, the only sports bet that I like for the weekend is the Waratahs to beat the Bulls away. After the Waratahs strong win at home to the Sharks on the weekend, I think that they can back up in Pretoria. The Tah's don't typically spank any team, so the 1-12 win looks about right. $25 on that @$2.90.

For the rest of my "sports" betting I am looking at the Champagne at Randwick tomorrow. Two runs last weekend caught the eye. Glowlamp and Samantha Miss look like they could turn the tables on Sebring over the 1600m. $15 on Samantha Miss and $10 on the Lamp.

Now to the Sydney Cup. The only horse in this field that I would fancy a few $$ on each way on the first Tuesday in November is Lacey Underall. Looks to run a strong 3200, horse very much on the up... $12 each way.

$10 on Young Centaur to win.. Could be a really good stayer in the making.

$4/$4 on Grand Destiny. This horse is insanely good value.
$2/$3 on Tails of Triomphe. Ditto.
$3 win Lazer Sharp. If he can turn it around, there is some lovely value.

So there you have it... The Professor's best tips for the weekend. I am leaving out No Wine, No Song because I wouldn't be willing to put as much on it as the other guys, so it won't be a good result for me regardless. Will probably have some of my own on it though. It is a top chance. I do think there is a lot of fun for the value shoppers in this one.

Good luck!
Professor.

No comments: