Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekend Shenanigans

The Captain's Star Stable Week 2:

Transfers out: Red Lord and Zarita

Transfers in: Fernandina and Von Costa De Hero

Shirtman and I have seen the terrific value to be had in Fernandina. Von Costa De Hero can look average until the big Group 1 races. Think he's been looking for this trip all along. In terms of the Star Stable, the Guineas is the one we all need to nail tomorrow...a cool $600,000 for the winner!

Shane Watson, you are rubbish. You have no place in the Australian Test side at 6. You have no place in the Test side bowling. Test cricket is not IPL T20 hit 'n' giggle son.

No EPL this weekend. What the hell am I suppose to do when I get home from the pub on Saturday night?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice transfers. I like your two Guineas horses for punting purposes, but I avoided both because I saw them as topping out at this trip. Maybe Von Costa will get more...

Whobegotyou is all over longer trips later in the carnival... Dreamscape I have no idea about at this stage, just that the three year old form out of sydney looks golden.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.. hit Anamato for the Caulfield before tomorrow! $41... hit that!

Loving the star stable challenge! You can guarantee you'll hear from me tomorrow when my stable earns some dollars!

And Shane Watson sucks so very much.

Master O said...

Von Costa will stay all day I reckon. Fernandina, reckon the mile is as far as he might want it.

Anamato, doesn't get a good 2400m.

Shane Watson...I abhor you...

Anonymous said...

Anamato looks primed to get a cracking 2400 this prep!
He ran on sweetly at his last start and today we see if he is a better horse!
Yeah, Von Costa may be a Derby prospect. Fernandina and Dreamscape better earn us some cash today though!

Anonymous said...

Anamato does not get a strong 2400!