Friday, March 27, 2009

Saturday Racing thoughts.

We'll stick with the Free-to-Air covered races for this preview, so just a few quick thoughts about Sydney races 4-7.

Race 4: Epona Stakes

I don't have much faith in the Patinack formline, so this race boils down to two for me: Illuminates and Sequinella. 1900 metres is uncharted territory for Iluminates, but she has been racing like that will be a nice suitable trip. Either of these would be good for me. And a piece of the quinella.

Race 5: Manion Cup

Am I the only person who saw Tangalooma lose at least 2 lengths in the Randwick City as multiple horses passed it around like it was Tara Reid? $13 you say, Cheers. Macknuckle runs a great 2400 metres on his day and Lang looks to be in form. 

Race 6: Ajax Stakes

It's been two years since Reigning to Win has been anywhere near its top. For some unfathomable reason I'm going to include it in my top two. I just love it. Joining it is Chasm, who I think is the superior horse in this field.

Race 7: Rosehill Guineas

Tough race. Metal Bender looks to be one that could continue where it left off in the Randwick Guineas. If it gets out past $4, that seems a relatively sound bet. If not, Tobique is the next best option. If it doesn't look like an actual Rhyno anymore, then Rhyno Chaser is well worth a look. 



No comments: