Friday, June 20, 2008

Experiment #1 In Gambling

Was listening to Jason Alexander talking on the radio the other day and it got me thinking that if if doing the opposite worked for George Costanza then let's give it a go here at WHAB!

Nothing gets the blood pumping like women's tennis. Normally I would get on an Aussie underdog but the opposite of that is to get on an ugly Russian favourite in Nadia Petrova. She copped a few branches to the face when she fell from the ugly tree did this one. Very butchy as well, Petrova and Mauresmo would be a match made in heaven. I pity the poor mofo that fancies his chances of a home invasion there. But just looking at some pictures of her, in Seinfeld parlance, she's a "two-face"! On one hand she doesn't look half bad; on the other hand she looks monstrous:














So $20 on Petrova to beat Samantha Stosur in three sets @ $5.

I've given the Rabbitohs a bit of a hard time on this site. So this weekend I'm joining forces with one the greatest actors of our time, one Russell Crowe! Getting on the Rabbitohs to a). beat the Titans $30 @ $2.75 and b). to thump the Titans! By 13+, $10 @ $6.75.

And I will have my vengeance!

When a horse is involved in a horrible fall the start prior, it makes perfect sense to get on! Street Smart would have no doubt won that race by at least 5 lengths if not for getting a face full of turf. Some desperate tactics/sabotage from other jockeys conspired against her but now she gets her chance for revenge! $10 each way on Street Smart, Race 7 in Brisbane.

With hurdling in the spotlight at the moment and talk of it being banned, I'm getting behind the battlers of the jumps scene. After all, it's the missing link between thoroughbred racing and Equestrian! So having $20 on Pride of Westbury, Melbourne Race 2. Man I love my jumps!

No comments: