Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chinese Whispers

A big, big weekend of sport, most of which I missed because I was spastic drunk at a mate's party. The obvious highlight was my Roosters smashing Russell Crowe's Rabbitohs courtesy of a ball-tearer of a game from Todd Carney. I said a little prayer before I went to bed last night..."Dear God, please don't let Todd Carney within arm's length of an alcoholic beverage"...My other highlight came whilst watching a replay of the Stormers vs Hurricanes Super 14 match today, where I came across this classic piece of commentary after Cory Jane got hit in the head with a pass...

"In Australia, they call that "The Falcon" because there was a Rugby League player called Gordon Falcon who used to catch it on the noggin every weekend"...

Gordon Falcon

No comments: